|Port Waratah Coal Services has partnered with the nation’s science agency, CSIRO, to conduct an ongoing analysis of community attitudes to the company’s operations. This gives communities neighbouring the operations an opportunity to express their views and experiences inside the company, helping to inform the company’s decision making. Community members (aged 18+) from communities neighbouring Port Waratah Coal Services operations are invited to share their views on issues related to the company's activities through a series of surveys.|
- Very short 'Pulse' surveys every six months over the next two years. Each 'Pulse' survey will take less than 10 minutes to complete. The September 2019 'Pulse' survey is now open.
- Assigning tokens to a community group/s of your choice when you complete each survey - community groups can cash these token in for monetary donations.
While presented in one seamless format, your personal information is stored separately to your survey responses. Survey responses will not be given to any third party, including Port Waratah Coal Services, in any form where your identity can be connected to the personal information given.
Before you register, please know:
- Aside from giving up your time, there are no foreseeable risks associated with participating.
- Your survey responses are confidential and anonymous.
- The personal information that we will collect will include contact details, certain demographic information (e.g. gender, occupation) and information relating to personal views.
- Mobile phone number and/or email addresses will be used only with secure online platforms responsible for sending out the surveys and project updates.
- Mobile phone numbers and/or email addresses will not be provided to any other organisation.
- All data collected will be combined and only the total results will be presented to indicate the opinions of community members as a collective.
- Participation in the survey series is entirely voluntary and while retracting data is not possible once results are published, you are free to withdraw your participation at any time, without prejudice, penalty or having to provide a reason for your withdrawal.
What happens with the data from the surveys?
Your data will be used for the following purposes:
- to identify and understand drivers of trust and acceptance of Port Waratah Coal Services. in community engagement activities, and in various company communication materials and reports.
- to inform future decisions and activities of industry and policy-makers.to produce reports and scientific papers.
- in a broader program of research that aims to understand the relationships between mining and communities at different levels across time.
- The data may be licensed to a separate entity to enable continued data collection past the initial agreement between CSIRO and Port Waratah Coal Services. This will enable a long-term view of community attitudes and how they change over time. Your contact details will not be included in this data. You will be contacted by CSIRO in these circumstances with an opportunity to either opt-out or provide consent to continue participating in the study with the new entity.
Further information is available at https://research.csiro.au/portwaratahlocalvoices.
If you have questions about the survey or the process, please feel free to contact Project Leader, Dr. Kieren Moffat at 0421 329 811 or by email at email@example.com
Any concerns or complaints about the conduct of this study can also be raised with the Manager of Social Responsibility and Ethics on (07) 3833 5693 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I register to participate?
Please indicate your consent using the menu below and click 'Continue'
| * I have read and understand the information provided:|